Hohner Harmonica Special 20
Diatonic harmonica. 10 hole, 20 reed, professional blues harp. Made in Germany.
The Special 20 holds a special place in history. Introduced in the 70s, it was the first diatonic harmonica to recess reed plates into the comb, which enabled a projecting plastic mouthpiece. The design of most harmonicas these days are based on Hohner’s Special 20 model.
If you have the time, or the inclination, here’s an interesting read on the history of Hohner.
- Recessed reed plates allow for a comfortable mouthpiece
- Resilient plastic comb allows consistent performance in all climate conditions
- Special cover plates have a small opening at the back to bring out the warm sound
- Reeds: 20, brass
- Reed plates: Brass
- Mouthpiece: Plastic
- Cover plates: Stainless steel
- Holes: 10
- Length: 10.2 cm (4 inches)