More details about Kentucky KM-1000B Mandolin
The Kentucky KM-1000B is a top range mandolin from the Saga Musicical Instruments, California.
This model has the more unusual black top that Gibson did as a special order. The top on a KM-1000B is made from Adirondack Spruce.
This gives the mandolin a more punchy mid-range (300Hz-500Hz) which is where the middle of the mandolin is pitched.
D being Hz293 and A being Hz440. On first being played the KM-1000B will seem to lack a little warmth ( lower Hz’s) but with a little playing the Adirondack will loosen up ( yes it really does ) and some of those lower Hz’ will come to life. This all a bit complex so instead let’s just say..
Play it and it will get better and better..
- Solid handcarved Adirondack spruce top provides you with superior note clarity and volume to spare
- Solid carved flamed Michigan maple back and sides ensure extra punch
- Slim flamed maple neck for comfortable, easy action
- Premium ebony fingerboard gives extra durability and striking good looks
- High-gloss lacquer finish in vintage sunburst imparts authentic beauty and luster